Strength and Conditioning Intern
Lancashire County Cricket Club, in conjunction with David Roberts Physiotherapy, are offering an opportunity for work experience in an applied setting as a Strength and Conditioning Intern within the Science and Medicine department of Lancashire CCC for the 2013 season.
Interns will be required to start work from January through until October 2013 for a 10 month placement. You will report to the High Performance Strength & Conditioning Coach, and assist / shadow other professionals within the Science and Medicine department in the physical preparation of cricketers from age group level right up to the Professional squad.
The role is unpaid. There will however be a contribution made to the cost of completing your UKSCA qualification within the placement 10 months, based on you successfully passing each module and your final assessment. If you are already UKSCA qualified, this contribution may go towards another approved course as agreed at the commencement of your placement.
The placement will offer an exceptional opportunity to develop programme writing and delivery of strength and conditioning provisions to an elite population under the support and guidance of a supportive multi-disciplinary team.
Strength and Conditioning Intern
Primary responsibility of the role is to support the High Performance Strength & Conditioning coach for all professional, academy, scholarship and age group squad requirements, specifically:
- Assist in the delivery of strength and conditioning programmes during and pre season
- The collection, collation, analysis and presentation of data during testing, training and weekly monitoring
- Research topics of interest within the scope of the role and report these back to the team
- Attendance at home fixtures and 2nd Team home fixtures as directed by the HP S&C Coach
- To assist with preparation and recovery protocols and promote the LCCC physical preparation culture throughout the age group players.
The successful applicant will be mentored through their UKSCA accreditation (if required) with full access to club facilities including gym. Training kit will be provided. This opportunity requires a minimum of 15 hours per week for the duration of the placement and will require some unsociable hours including evenings and weekends in keeping with training and match schedules.
- A strong aptitude and desire to pursue a career in the Strength and conditioning field
- Be keen to learn and develop your knowledge of Professional Strength and Conditioning
- Excellent personal appearance, punctuality and strong communication skills.
- 2.1 BSc or higher qualifications in in Sports Science / Strength & Conditioning, with a background in delivering training programmes to athletes.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality, able to motivate and lead groups of athletes.
- Your own transport options
Applications to be received by the Monday January 14th with Interviews taking place over the week commencing January 21st. Full CV with covering letter outlining why you would like to take up this opportunity to Phil Scott, High Performance S&C Coach: email@example.com.
Rate this article
The NatWest U19 Club T20 is a new, vibrant competition that lets young players take ownership in their club. This is about keeping U19 players in club cricket and giving them the cricketing experience they want – fast lively matches, played with and against their friends, a great social atmosphere and a chance to make the club look and feel different for one night a week. ... Full story