Freckleton CC - Coaching Co-ordinator Vacancy
Freckleton Cricket Club is a community, family club that provides opportunities for all members to play cricket irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, creed, colour, social status and sexual orientation.
The club play in the Palace Shield Competition www.palaceshieldcricket.co.uk running 3 x Adult Teams, one of which is in the top division and have a thriving junior section. We have excellent facilities which include a 4 x Lane NTP Practice facility and an artificial wicket. We receive strong support from sponsors and the local council and over the last few years have established links with the local schools.
We have identified the need for a qualified coach to manage the development of the junior section and the key areas of responsibility will be as follows:
- Establish and maintain a Database of Junior Cricketers and Parents
- Liaising with Parents as appropriate
- Organise coaching sessions by Age Group, using the club facilities and our Volunteer Club Coaches
- Advise and organise Junior Team Managers
- Maintain and seek new Training Aids
- Establish and develop the School Partnerships currently in place
- Create a Welcoming environment for all Junior Players and Parents
- Liaise with the LCB Cricket Development Co-ordinator
The successful applicant would ideally be qualified to UKCC3, but would consider a suitable UKCC2 (or equivalent) with the necessary experience who has successfully coached at this level.
They may also be responsible to the Cricket Club Committee for the delivery of a number of strategic objectives in addition to the junior coaching which may include:
- Management and updating of the Club Website
- Maintain Clubmark Accreditation and implementing all policies
- Management of Sponsorship Opportunities
- Ground Maintenance
This list is not exhaustive and will be agreed with the successful applicant as will the number of hours per week.
The terms and conditions will be agreed based on an hourly rate at the appropriate rate and the individual will be managed by one committee member to support the focussed delivery of the objectives.
Playing cricket for the club is not a requirement, although it will be considered as part of the selection process. This activity will not form part of the remuneration.
Please download a job description and person specification from the link below. All applicants should send a letter of application and a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org who can also be contacted on 07525 076911 for an informal discussion.
The closing date for applications is 31st May 2013 and a short interview will take place shortly after.