Ashes Volunteers Required
Emirates Old Trafford needs YOU!
A magical summer of cricket comes to the North West in August 2013 as England take on their old enemy Australia in the third Investec Ashes Test match (1st-5th August). With over 25,000 spectators per day flocking to Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire County Cricket Club is looking to recruit a team of volunteers to direct, assist and to put smiles on faces.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be involved with the most hotly anticipated sporting event of the summer; to represent the North West community; to meet new people and to enhance your CV by engaging with and supporting a world-renowned sporting venue.
Our Ashes volunteers will be responsible for the following:
- A friendly welcome to arriving spectators
- Guidance and assistance from car parks and Metrolink station
- Directing and assisting members of the media
- Queue management and support
- Information and assistance provision
In return, LCCC will provide volunteers with the following:
- An exclusive uniform
- Training sessions prior to the event at Emirates Old Trafford
- Food/drink during the event
- A ticket to a Lancashire Lightning Friends Life t20 group game at Emirates Old Trafford
To be part of our volunteer team, you must:
- Be 18 or older on 1st August 2013
- Be available for at least 1 day between 1st-5th August 2013, between the hours of 8am-7pm
- Be available to attend training sessions on at least two days during July
- Be prepared to undertake a CRB check
- Be able to communicate fluently in English
Additionally, the following qualities are required from applicants:
- A warm, friendly and outgoing personality
- Willingness to adapt to various roles and to engage with customers
- Interest in the Investec Ashes series
- Positivity and pride
Don’t miss out on your chance to be involved in the Investec Ashes Series – apply to be a volunteer today!! To apply send your CV with covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.