Head Junior Coach
Burnley Cricket Club are currently looking to recruit a Head Coach for their Junior section.
Please find job description below.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure high quality coaching programmes are written and then delivered by the best available coaches within or outside of the cricket club.
This job description outlines the principle accountabilities / main duties relating to this post and does not describe in detail all of the duties required to carry them out. Other duties may be required to be undertaken from time to time as directed by the Chair of Burnley Cricket Club and the Junior Cricket Section.
Benefits to the Club
- Increased number of players.
- Increased number of high quality players.
- A single point of contact for coaching and coaches.
- Continually up to date with modern thinking and practice.
- Better positioned to attract/access future funding.
- A coordinated coaching structure within the club for all players.
- Provision of a safe and friendly learning environment.
Principle Responsibilities (main duties)
- To be the Head Coach for Burnley Cricket Club for the Junior Section, providing quality provision under the guidance of the Chair of Burnley Cricket Club and the Junior Section Committee.
- To motivate others ‘to do’ in a coordinated and progressive way.
- To write and plan the implementation of a fully inclusive, annual (indoor/outdoor), player centred coaching programme which is appropriate to needs of the club.
- To communicate regularly the child centred coaching ethos to players, coaches, team managers, parents and the Junior club committee.
- Actively support the transition of young people from school to community sport by, for example, organizing for coaches to visit local schools.
- To develop a pool of talented cricketers.
- Recruit appropriate Coaching Staff and check all qualifications.
- To ensure all coaches attend appropriate training/professional development courses.
- Ensure all players (inc talented players) are catered for (match play and coaching).
- Ensure there is enough appropriate equipment and monitor equipment levels.
- Oversee/conduct risk assessment indoors/outdoors.
- Ensure all first aid requirements are in place (matches and practice).
- To have knowledge and understanding of ECB Child Welfare procedures in relation to coaching responsibilities.
- Conduct sessions in accordance with the appropriate ECB guidelines and good practice.
- Perform all duties in an equitable manner and to actively promote the principles of equality amongst colleagues, partners and service users.
- To ensure communication between all parties is at the forefront of all activities.
- Any issues prevalent between players and or coaches should be raised with the Chair or Head of Youth Section.
- To ensure that all Junior Coaches have the required legal checks and regulatory requirements.
- During the period between the end of the cricket season and Christmas each year, the Head Coach to contact all Team Managers and ask them to nominate boys and girls, who in their opinion and in the opinion of the club team managers, are capable of benefiting from a course in the Indoor Nets.
- In conjunction with the Junior Committee, organise and coach at Indoor Net sessions at a suitable local Sports Centre for junior players.
- In conjunction with the 1st and 2nd Team Captains, organise and coach at Indoor Net sessions at a suitable local Sports Centre for senior players. Under direction from the 1st and 2nd XI Captains to coach senior players 1 to 1 for 30 minute periods to ensure improvement of talented senior players.
- The expenses for the hiring of nets for the Juniors to be borne by the Junior Cricket Section.
- The expenses for the hiring of nets for the Senior Section to be borne by the Senior Players.
- In conjunction with the Junior Committee, organise and coach at Outdoor Net sessions at Burnley Cricket Club.
- Organise regular coach development workshops at Burnley Cricket Club (these could be held when the weather prevents outdoor training).
- Be responsible for undertaking Risk Assessments for the Outdoor Net sessions.
- In conjunction with the Chair of the Junior Section and the Groundsman, to decide if the condition of the ground is suitable for the Outdoor practice sessions.
- The Head Coach should contact all coaches, Team Captains, Team Managers and the Chair of Burnley Cricket Club and ask them to nominate boys and girls, who in their opinion are talented players.
- Select with the Chair of the Club and the Junior Section Chair the young people who will attend the Academy sessions.
- To create a programme of coaching for talented young players.
- Ensure that talented young players are nominated for District and Lancashire representative sides.
- The Head Coach should encourage the players to act in a sportsmanlike manner at all times and ensure that the spirit of the game be promoted at all times.
To be discussed on application. Flexibility offered on time commitment.
How to Apply
Contact Michael Brown on 07979 154365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.