Widnes CC - Senior Coach
Widnes CC are currently looking for a cricket coach to coach at the club.
Purpose of the role
To ensure high quality coaching programmes and pre match preparations are written and then delivered.
This job description outlines the responsibilities and accountabilities relating to this post and does not describe in detail all of the duties required to carry them out. Other duties may be required to be undertaken from time to time as directed by the Cricket Committee.
Benefits to the club
- Increased number of players.
- Increased number of high quality players.
- Continually up to date with modern thinking and practice.
- Better positioned to attract/access future funding.
- A coordinated coaching structure within the club for all players.
- Provision of a safe and friendly learning environment.
- Produce a professional attitude towards development, training & playing.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- To plan, write and implement a fully inclusive, annual (indoor/outdoor), player centred coaching programme which is appropriate to the needs of the club.
- To develop a pool of talented cricketers.
- To oversee & conduct risk assessment at all sessions.
- To have knowledge and understanding of ECB Child Welfare procedures in relation to coaching responsibilities.
- To conduct sessions in accordance with the appropriate ECB guidelines and good practice.
- To perform all duties in an equitable manner and to actively promote the principles of equality amongst colleagues, partners and service users.
- To ensure excellent communication between all parties is at the forefront of all activities.
- To organise and coach at indoor net sessions at a suitable local sports centre in conjunction with the 1st and 2nd team captains.
- To organise and coach at outdoor net sessions in conjunction with the 1st and 2nd XI captains at Widnes Cricket Club.
- Under direction from the 1st and 2nd XI captains to coach players 1 to 1 for 30 minute periods to ensure improvement of talented players.
- Encourage the players to act in a sportsmanlike manner at all times and ensure that the spirit of the game be promoted at all times.
- Any issues prevalent between players should be raised with the Cricket Committee.
- To plan and implement pre- match preparations (Saturdays only).
- To share good practise with all coaches.
- To ensure there is enough appropriate equipment and monitor equipment levels.
- To produce action plans for the under 18’s squad members.
- To present monthly progress presentations to the cricket committee.
- To write and present a close out report to the cricket committee.
- Experienced level 3 qualified coach preferred.
- Highly motivated level 2 qualified coach considered if :-
- Actively pursuing level 3 qualification and
- Combined with a proven track record of delivering results working with 16-18 year old cricketers.
- Up to date RCB, First Aid and Working with Children certification.
- Committed to a 3 year programme
- Committed every week to the schedule detailed below.
- Excellent communication skills and punctuality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Player introductions – last outdoor net session on the 9-9-14.
- In door nets - 8 weeks start Oct 2014 (typically Tuesdays 7pm-9pm)
- In door nets - 8 weeks start Feb 2015 (typically Tuesdays 7pm-9pm)
- Out door nets - 20 weeks April 2015 (Tuesday & Thursday 6pm-8pm)
- Pre- match preparation - 20 weeks 10.45am until 12.45pm April 2015 at Widnes CC
- An action plan shall be produced for each member of the u18 squad.
- All action plans to be complete by 15/10/14.
- All action plans to be updated with progress and SMART development targets every month.
Close out report
- A close out report presented to the Cricket Committee the 2nd week in September 2015. (Exact format to be agreed with the Cricket Committee during April 2015)
- The report should focus on:-
- How value for money has been achieved over the season e.g. how the benefits to the club have been realised.
- Also for each member of the u18 squad :-
- What improvement has he made
- Strengths and weak ness’s
- Achievements during the season.
- Mental and behavioural improvements
Terms and Conditions
- Payment shall be made against signed (by the employee) and approved (by a member of the Cricket Committee) timesheets on a weekly basis paid 1 week in arrears.
- Any pre booked holidays / appointments that may result in a non attendance shall be agreed with the Cricket Committee a minimum of 4 weeks in advance.
- The expenses for the hiring of nets to be borne by Widnes Cricket Club.
CV’s to be submitted no later than 22/8/14 to either:-
T Wearden, c/o Widnes Cricket Club, Beaconsfield Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 9LA or email to:- email@example.com.
For further information contact Tim Wearden mobile number 0792 102 9160.
Rate this article
Following the annual Pre-Season League Engagement meeting held at Chorley Cricket Club last week, the results of the report into player participation was released. ... Full story