Ground Pre-Season Issues
Please find some advice being provided by the Lancashire Cricket Groundsman’s Association on ground maintenance pre-season.
Details provided below.
- Hold any rolling programme until frost free conditions apply.
- Consider spring / summer fertiliser M.P.K. 11.5.5. dependent on soil samples and when rain is imminent.
- Be equally concerned about both square and outfield as playable conditions are only as good as the worst area.
- Mossy outfields are a major concern this year. Chemical free spring tynes on tractor mounted unit could be an economical solution.
- Squaring up pitches Pythagoras - an extension to 3 x 4 x 5 is 66’ x 30’ x 72’ 6”.
- All square spiking should have ceased by the end of January except possibly for Mendip loam.
If club groundsmen have any further questions please contact Paul Tatton (LCGA Vice-Chairman) on 0161 702 8615 or 07977 318406.