Ground Pre-Season Issues
Please find some advice being provided by the Lancashire Cricket Groundsman’s Association on ground maintenance pre-season.
Details provided below.
- Hold any rolling programme until frost free conditions apply.
- Consider spring / summer fertiliser M.P.K. 11.5.5. dependent on soil samples and when rain is imminent.
- Be equally concerned about both square and outfield as playable conditions are only as good as the worst area.
- Mossy outfields are a major concern this year. Chemical free spring tynes on tractor mounted unit could be an economical solution.
- Squaring up pitches Pythagoras - an extension to 3 x 4 x 5 is 66’ x 30’ x 72’ 6”.
- All square spiking should have ceased by the end of January except possibly for Mendip loam.
If club groundsmen have any further questions please contact Paul Tatton (LCGA Vice-Chairman) on 0161 702 8615 or 07977 318406.
Rate this article
The finals day of the Lancashire County stage of the U15s NatWest National Club Championship took place on Sunday 29 June at Astley & Tyldesley CC. ... Full story