Ground New Season Recommendations
Please find some advice being provided by the Lancashire Cricket Groundsman’s Association on ground maintenance for the new season.
Details provided below.
- Do not cut pitches too short until new grasses has had chance to establish,
- Verticut square stump to stump when conditions allow to reduce the establishment of poa annua (meadow grass) accumulated during the close season.
- Apply spring / summer fertiliser say 12.0.9. +Fe +Mg application 2 x 20 kgs per 17 / 18 pitch square with cyclone spreader irrigated if needs be.
- Tilth and reseed popping creases which missed out due to wet autumn / winter weather. Scrape level with straight edge, do not leave proud.
- Gradually increase weights when rolling if conditions allow.
- Repair ends weekly as season progresses. Do not leave as dangerous to fielders e.g. Short Leg.
If club groundsmen have any further questions please contact Paul Tatton (LCGA Vice-Chairman) on 0161 702 8615 or 07977 318406.
Rate this article
South West Manchester CC, which is at the end of Ellesmere Road, Chorlton, Manchester will run cricket sessions for people with disabilities and it is hoped the club will become a centre for disability cricket in the area. ... Full story