Ground New Season Recommendations
Please find some advice being provided by the Lancashire Cricket Groundsman’s Association on ground maintenance for the new season.
Details provided below.
- Do not cut pitches too short until new grasses has had chance to establish,
- Verticut square stump to stump when conditions allow to reduce the establishment of poa annua (meadow grass) accumulated during the close season.
- Apply spring / summer fertiliser say 12.0.9. +Fe +Mg application 2 x 20 kgs per 17 / 18 pitch square with cyclone spreader irrigated if needs be.
- Tilth and reseed popping creases which missed out due to wet autumn / winter weather. Scrape level with straight edge, do not leave proud.
- Gradually increase weights when rolling if conditions allow.
- Repair ends weekly as season progresses. Do not leave as dangerous to fielders e.g. Short Leg.
If club groundsmen have any further questions please contact Paul Tatton (LCGA Vice-Chairman) on 0161 702 8615 or 07977 318406.
Rate this article
Lancashire’s disability squads are preparing for 2015 by undergoing respective coaching programmes aimed at increasing skills development, tactical awareness and team work along with helping players with fitness and lifestyle goals. ... Full story