Ground New Season Recommendations
Please find some advice being provided by the Lancashire Cricket Groundsman’s Association on ground maintenance for the new season.
Details provided below.
- Do not cut pitches too short until new grasses has had chance to establish,
- Verticut square stump to stump when conditions allow to reduce the establishment of poa annua (meadow grass) accumulated during the close season.
- Apply spring / summer fertiliser say 12.0.9. +Fe +Mg application 2 x 20 kgs per 17 / 18 pitch square with cyclone spreader irrigated if needs be.
- Tilth and reseed popping creases which missed out due to wet autumn / winter weather. Scrape level with straight edge, do not leave proud.
- Gradually increase weights when rolling if conditions allow.
- Repair ends weekly as season progresses. Do not leave as dangerous to fielders e.g. Short Leg.
If club groundsmen have any further questions please contact Paul Tatton (LCGA Vice-Chairman) on 0161 702 8615 or 07977 318406.
Rate this article
With over 20 teams already entered, there are only a few places left in the indoor competition for Juniors (under 9s - under 15s). ... Full story