Still Open For Business
Update from Paul Tatton (Chairman of the Lancashire Groundsman's Association) about November / December advice on cricket ground maintenance.
Close season ground activities are ongoing and will follow some repeat suggestions from last month:
1. Early morning drag brushing, always a candidate to get the leg muscles active.
2. Solid punch tineing to 100/120 mls. when conditions are favourable i.e. not too wet or no frost.
3. “Top off” square to 20/25 mls. preferably with sharp rotary mower (light footprint).
4. Keep wet leaves off the cricket square.
5. If fences allow consider verti-draining the outfield by recommended contractor, again when conditions allow. Cost approximately £275-£300 depending upon acreage.
Have a relaxing Xmas and a productive New Year.