Still Open For Business
Update from Paul Tatton (Chairman of the Lancashire Groundsman's Association) about November / December advice on cricket ground maintenance.
Close season ground activities are ongoing and will follow some repeat suggestions from last month:
1. Early morning drag brushing, always a candidate to get the leg muscles active.
2. Solid punch tineing to 100/120 mls. when conditions are favourable i.e. not too wet or no frost.
3. “Top off” square to 20/25 mls. preferably with sharp rotary mower (light footprint).
4. Keep wet leaves off the cricket square.
5. If fences allow consider verti-draining the outfield by recommended contractor, again when conditions allow. Cost approximately £275-£300 depending upon acreage.
Have a relaxing Xmas and a productive New Year.
Rate this article
South West Manchester CC, which is at the end of Ellesmere Road, Chorlton, Manchester will run cricket sessions for people with disabilities and it is hoped the club will become a centre for disability cricket in the area. ... Full story