The Joys of January
Update from Paul Tatton (Chairman of the Lancashire Groundsman's Association) about January advice on cricket ground maintenance.
Happy New Year to all our readers.
- Continue with spiking until end of January or if using mendip loam till end of February. This may be the last season we follow this procedure as the Cranfield University report will be out shortly.
- Keep the square topped off with a sharp mower at 20-25mls.
- Keep square free of debris i.e. blown leaves, fine twigs and any firework residues.
- Turn diesel engines over during cold damp periods.
- Do not leave machinery servicing until March as deals can still be had by negotiation.
- Check tyres on mobile covers and if pneumatic inflate as necessary.
Rate this article
Following the fourth Greater Manchester Steering Group Meeting at Norden Cricket Club on Wednesday 25th March 2015 the Steering Group have agreed the following details for release. ... Full story