Update from Paul Tatton (Chairman of the Lancashire Groundsman's Association) about February advice on cricket ground maintenance.
Our suggestions for this month will be subject to ground conditions in February.
- Pitch spiking should finish by the middle of this month.
- Consider ‘squaring up’ all pitches and centre-stump markings (see diagram). Please feel free to contact me if unclear of this procedure. This is my extension of the 3, 4 and 5 dot pythagoras method.
- Turnover diesel engines and check all machinery is “ready to go”.
- Have you got the right equipment for some pre-season rolling next month? Lightweight initially (union jack style).
- Check for fusarium patch and treat as necessary.
- Sarel roll to keep surface open.
The Lancashire Groundsman's Association AGM will be on Wednesday March 12th at 7.30pm at Westhoughton CC. Please feel free to attend. The guest speaker on the evening is Aitkins Amenity.
Written nominations are invited to the LGA Secretary Adam Cooper via e-mail ([email protected]) for positions of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer by 26th February.
- Brand new water removal Bow-Dry (still boxed) £150 off list price (contact Paul Tatton 0161 702 8615).
- Twin Axle galvanised trailer 8’x 4’ with steel ramps and 1’ hinged side panels in excellent condition at £350 o.n.o (contact Esmund Howarth 01942 217138).
It is the intention of the Lancashire Groundsman's Association to have available for hire:
- Multi-blade pitch mower (based at Bradshaw CC contact David Morris 01204 592997).
- Outfield mower based at Westhoughton CC or Haydock CC for start of 2014 season (contact Paul Tatton 0161 702 8615).