Update from Paul Tatton (Chairman of the Lancashire Groundsman's Association) about March advice on cricket ground maintenance.
The season will be on us quicker than you think! There will be some wet pitches and outfields around and no two facilities will be the same, one size does not fit all. All suggestions are obviously subject to favourable ground conditions:
- Do not be tempted to start rolling wet / damp pitches even with a light roller. Let mother nature take its course.
- “Top off” square ready for setting out pitches and squaring up and alignment i.e. the extension of the 3, 4 and 5 dot pythagoras method 66’ x 30’ x 72’ 6” (please ring Paul Tatton on 0161 702 8615 for any clarification needed).
- Turn over diesel engines...... all equipment should be ready to go.
- Check sightscreens and covers including tyres are up to the standard required.
- Do not leave sawdust supplies to the last minute – we may need plenty!
- New service available for clubs. In April there will be 2 new machines for hire in emergency rescue situations at clubs where machinery has broken down. Multi-blade pitch mower (based at Bradshaw CC contact David Morris 01204 592997) and an outfield mower based at Westhoughton (contact Paul Tatton number above). Clubs will need to pick up machines from their bases.
Please support our AGM on Wednesday 12th March at 7.30 at Westhoughton CC where there will be 3 specialist speakers from Aitkins Amenity.
BRAND NEW WATER REMOVAL BOWDRY STILL AVAILABLE IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX WITH £150.00 OFF LIST PRICE!!! (If interested please contact Paul Tatton number above).
Rate this article
Seven Lancashire Cricket Board U15 players represented the ECB North of England U15 in the ESCA Bunbury Festival 2015 ... Full story