Club Open Days, supported by Waitrose
The ECB is calling on cricket clubs nationwide to hold a Club Open Day on an international cricket weekend this summer. In the 2013 Ashes summer, 310 clubs held events, welcoming thousands of guests from their local communities into their pavilions.
This summer, England Cricket’s new Team Sponsor, Waitrose, is backing the project and are offering participating clubs £100 of food and drink to help clubs host and fundraise from their event.
Benefits of holding an Open Day
- Welcome potential new members, players, volunteers and even local sponsors to experience your club
- The opportunity to raise valuable funds
- Engage with your local community
- Get £100 worth of food and drink from your local Waitrose
- Automatic registration to myWaitrose - to enjoy ongoing rewards and benefits throughout the season. One lucky club will have their entire season-long spend refunded to back to them!
- Access to an online toolkit to help publicise your event by creating promotional material including posters, Facebook cover photos and email headers/footers. You’ll also be sent a banner to place outside your club-house informing passers-by of your event.
- Branded polo-shirts for up to 5 event organisers
Choice of events
It’s your Open Day – but here’s what the ECB think would work well:
- taster sessions for new cricketers run by your club coach (men, women, boys, or girls)
- mini tournaments – 6 or 8 a side
- Quiz or curry night
- And don’t forget – keep the TV on so guests can keep an eye on England v Sri Lanka / India!
Want to run an Open Day?
To run a Club Open Day and register visit the ECB website at: http://www.ecb.co.uk/development/club-cricket/club-open-days/ and goto the What next section.
Rate this article
The NatWest U19 Club T20 is a new, vibrant competition that lets young players take ownership in their club. This is about keeping U19 players in club cricket and giving them the cricketing experience they want – fast lively matches, played with and against their friends, a great social atmosphere and a chance to make the club look and feel different for one night a week. ... Full story