LCBACO Officials Survey
The LCB Association of Cricket Officials (LCBACO) undertook a survey of it members during September and October 2013.
Over 400 members were e-mailed the survey and 112 were returned including 13 from scorers. Findings included:
- Nearly all umpires are ex-players
- Responses came from officials in 16 leagues
- 50% of members do not attend any 'out of season' meetings or undertake any training
- Over the next 6 years 35% of the membership will stop umpiring (This equates to around 190 umpires)
- The most common reason for people not becoming an umpire was 'poor player behaviour'
- Most scorers in leagues are not members of the ACO
- Most scorers used a manual system to score
A full copy of the results from the Officials Survey can be found below.
Rate this article
It is always an achievement for a school or a cricket club to have one of their number represent the county of Lancashire but this year St Thomas C of E Primary School in Ashton-in-Makerfield and Newton Le Willows Cricket Club have more than good reason to be doubly proud. ... Full story