LCBACO Officials Survey
The LCB Association of Cricket Officials (LCBACO) undertook a survey of it members during September and October 2013.
Over 400 members were e-mailed the survey and 112 were returned including 13 from scorers. Findings included:
- Nearly all umpires are ex-players
- Responses came from officials in 16 leagues
- 50% of members do not attend any 'out of season' meetings or undertake any training
- Over the next 6 years 35% of the membership will stop umpiring (This equates to around 190 umpires)
- The most common reason for people not becoming an umpire was 'poor player behaviour'
- Most scorers in leagues are not members of the ACO
- Most scorers used a manual system to score
A full copy of the results from the Officials Survey can be found below.
Rate this article
The MCC Women Young Cricketers is a programme supported by the MCC to provide support and match opportunities for female players and Jenny Laycock of the Lancashire Cricket Board has been appointed as Head Coach. ... Full story